Join a guided Woodland Walk in the Chilterns and learn about the woods, the flora and fauna. These walks are family friendly, following tracks and paths that are generally buggy friendly and fine for young children to explore. They are slow-paced walks of approximately 1½ hours.
This walk is ideal for children, we will be natures detectives; exploring the woods and using our senses to identify the trees and plants, looking at the shapes of leaves, feeling the bark (tree hugging optional) and smelling them too. We’ll also be on the hunt for animal trails and signs of who has been foraging in the woods!
FREE to attend, but please do book, as places are limited – thank you!Book your places on a Woodland Walk today, just complete the form below!
Woodland Walks – dates for your diary:
- Sunday, 01-Jan-2017 at 14:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 05-Feb-2017 at 10:00 (Penn Wood) – Finished
- Sunday, 05-Mar-2017 at 14:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 02-Apr-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 07-May-2017 at 14:00 (Penn Wood) – Finished
- Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 02-Jul-2017 at 14:00 (Penn Wood) – Fully booked
- August – Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
- Sunday, 03-Sep-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Fully booked
- October – Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
- Sunday, 05-Nov-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Places available
- Sunday, Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
FREE to attend, but please do book, as places are limited – thank you!
NB. New this year, some walks are in the afternoon and we will be exploring other woodlands too. So whilst we will still have walks in Hodgemoor Woods, near Chalfont St Giles, expect to visit some other woodlands in the Chilterns too. I’ll be announcing dates for 2018 soon, sign-up to David’s Bushcraft newsletter to receive dates, times and locations of these walks and other Bushcrafty activities and events – thanks!
To book please use the form below and include the date of the walk, number of adults and children and contact phone number. If you have any questions, please call David Willis on his mobile: 07956 650 404 – Thank you.