Knowing how to light a fire when you’ve used your last match or your lighter has just run out of gas, and could just be the life saver you need or perhaps it’s a skill you want to master to have fun with friends and family.
During the Art of Fire course you will be:
- Learning to light fires using a variety of techniques; modern and primitive
- Understanding the properties of different woods and their uses
- Building fires and understanding the benefits of various fire layouts
- Learning safe and effective carving techniques
- Making your own bow-drill kit
- Learning how to make fire-by-friction
We’ll be covering the safe and effective use of a Bushcraft knife and saw, the principal tools needed to make the items needed. You will learn to identify specific trees and understand which are good for fire lighting and be shown how to gather and harvest the materials you need.You will be guided through the process of creating a fire-by-friction kit, fashioning all the items you need to create that all important ember that will ignite your fire. You will be provided with tips and guidance so you can achieve fire-by-friction and understand how to be prepared for successful primitive fire lighting!
- Sunday, 26-Feb-2017 – Finished
- Saturday, 01-Jul-2017 – Sorry cancelled to make way for another event!
Alternative dates available for private group bookings – click here for details
- Cost: £75 per person
- Location: The Chilterns
- Start and end times: 09:00 – 17:00
- Course size: 8 participants
- Age range: 18+
- Includes: Refreshments and a light lunch!
Please read booking conditions!Book The Art of Fire