Now who doesn’t like freshly baked bread? There can’t be many folks who don’t love the smell of bread as it comes out of the oven and the comforting warmth and yumminess of fresh bread.
How can bread baking get any better? Well it can – we all know how great food tastes when cooked outdoors – so baking bread outdoors over a campfire is probably about as good as it gets!The Campfire Baking course will introduce you to making traditional yeasted breads and other breads such as bannock, flat breads and ash cakes!
The course will cover:
- Campfires, fire lighting, ensuring they are hot enough for baking and maintaining the fire
- Pots and pans, from using Dutch ovens through to improvised ovens
- Recipes for all the breads
- Bread baking alchemy – experimenting with bakes, adding different ingredients and enjoying the results
- And tool use; knives and saws and showing you how to make useful items for baking bread
- Sunday, 26-Mar-2017 – Finished
That’s all the courses and events, done, dusted and finished for 2017. Don’t worry, dates for 2018 will be announced soon, please subscribe and you’ll get these announcements sent direct to your inbox!
Alternative dates available for group bookings – click here for details
- Cost: £75 per person
- Location: The Chilterns
- Start and end times: 09:00 – 17:00
- Course size: 8 participants
- Age range: 18+
- Includes: Refreshments and a light lunch!
Please read booking conditions!Book Campfire Bread Baking