A circular walk (approximately 3 miles), starting and finishing on the outskirts of Little Chalfont, we will stop mid-way for a refreshment break in a private woodland (tea and coffee will be provided).
We will walk through some lovely Chilterns countryside, along undulating footpaths, up and down a few gentle hills, all at a relaxed pace with time to enjoy the views. As we walk, you will learn about the trees, becoming familiar with the signs that help you identify many of our native varieties.
On arrival at the woodland, we will find our way to the sheltered camp, where we will light the campfire and put the kettle on for a brew. There will be time for a wander around the camp, sit by the campfire, enjoy the warmth and flicker flames, and have a refreshing cuppa and a snack if you wish to bring one!
We will then continue our walk and return to the start point.
- Route follows public footpaths, some parts may be muddy, stony and uneven
- It’s easy going at a gentle pace, there are no stiles on the route
- Sorry not buggy / wheelchair friendly
- Yes well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome
- Duration 2.5 hours (approximately)
- There is a composting toilet near the woodland camp!
- Fresh drinking water will be available!
- Free of charge
- Walks are identified as principally being for adults or families
- Location – the walk starts and finishes in Little Chalfont (details provided upon booking)
- Sorry due to changes and safety measure in place for COVID-19 this event is not currently being provided – but you may be interested in Family Bushcraft which does have dates scheduled – Thank you!