The kit comprises all the elements you need to create fire-by-friction, using a successfully tried-and-tested kit. The kit contains everything you need, well almost, you’ll also need a sharp knife to maintain the pieces and to reuse the kit, and, a few green leaves to provide lubrication of the drill would also be useful too.
- Full-instructions: from getting started, that all important ember and from ember to fire!
- Bow (made from Hazel or Ash) – simply slots together (see below)
- Cord to string the bow
- Hearth board, (Western Red Cedar, Sycamore, Poplar or Lime) it has a hole pre-drilled and a notch cut out where the ember will appear J
- Drill (Hazel) to create friction on the hearth board (the thin tapered end is the top)
- Bearing block – lump of wood with side trimmed off and a small black hole (Hornbeam or Holly)
- Piece of bark to catch the ember
- Small stick to remove the ember from the hearth board
- Tinder (selection that may include thistledown, rosebay willow herb, wood shavings)
- Hay / straw for your tinder bundle and create fire
NB. Price includes postage and packaging to UK addresses only