Find a Bushcrafty activity from the list below and book a date to have fun learning in the woods…
…hold on there, 2017 is coming to an end, and that’s all the courses and events, done, dusted and finished. Don’t worry, dates for 2018 will be announced soon, please subscribe and you’ll get these announcements sent direct to your inbox!
David also runs events for private groups, team building days for organisations and works with other outdoor activity providers. If you like the sound of these activities and fancy the idea of getting a group of friends or colleagues together, then by all means get in touch to arrange a group booking – Thank you.
This Bushcraft 101 is specifically for those who would like to start learning Bushcraft. You don’t need to have any prior practical Bushcraft knowledge to attend, just come with the enthusiasm to learn and a desire to have fun outdoors.
- Sunday, 22-Jan-2017 – Finished
- Saturday, 03-Jun-2017 – Finished
- Saturday, 04-Nov-2017 – Places available for accompanied teenagers!!
Whittling and Woodcraft
During the Whittling and WoodCraft course you will learn to safely use and maintain tools and whittle and carve useful objects and utensils to take home. Depending on the season, you may also work with tree bark, process nettles or other plant fibres.
- Sunday, 19-Mar-2017 – Finished
- Sunday, 24-Sep-2017 – Places available
Fire and Feast
On the Fire and Feast course you will learn the art of making good meals over a campfire with the aim of encouraging resourcefulness and less reliance on modern gadgetry.
- Saturday, 01-Apr-2017 – Finished
- Saturday, 23-Sep-2017 – Places available (changed from 07-Oct-2017)
The Art of Fire
What better time of year to hone your fire lighting skills? This Art of Fire course will teach you how to be proficient at lighting fires what ever the weather and using a variety of methods. Whilst we will be using flint and steel, wire wool and batteries to name but a few, we will be devoting much of the day to fire-by-friction and making your own bow-drill set to take home.
- Sunday, 26-Feb-2017 – Finished
- Saturday, 01-Jul-2017 – Sorry cancelled to make way for another event!
Campfire Bread Baking
Now who doesn’t like freshly baked bread? On the Campfire Bread Baking course you will be making traditional yeasted breads and other breads such as bannock, flat breads and ash cakes all over a campfire – be prepared to enjoy lots of freshly baked bread and of course take some home too!
- Sunday, 26-Mar-2017 – Finished
Join a guided Woodland Walk in the Chilterns and learn about the woods, the flora and fauna. These walks are family friendly, following tracks and paths that are generally buggy friendly and fine for young children to explore. They are slow-paced walks of approximately 1½ hours.
Woodland Walks – dates for your diary:
- Sunday, 01-Jan-2017 at 14:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 05-Feb-2017 at 10:00 (Penn Wood) – Finished
- Sunday, 05-Mar-2017 at 14:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 02-Apr-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 07-May-2017 at 14:00 (Penn Wood) – Finished
- Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Finished
- Sunday, 02-Jul-2017 at 14:00 (Penn Wood) – Finished
- August – Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
- Sunday, 03-Sep-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – A few places available
- October – Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
- Sunday, 05-Nov-2017 at 10:00 (Hodgemoor Woods) – Fully booked
- December – Sorry, no guided woodland walks this month
FREE to attend, but please do book, as places are limited – thank you!
NB. I’ll be announcing dates for 2018 in the Autumn, sign-up to David’s Bushcraft newsletter to receive dates, times and locations of these walks and other Bushcrafty activities and events – thanks!Book your places on a guided Woodland Walk